Saturday, June 27, 2009

Guest Bath

Hi girls, I thought I'd show you pictures of my guest bath. This is the vanity. It consists of an antique dresser that I found at a garage sale. We trimmed a little off the sides so it would fit in the space we had and ordered a cultured marble top for it. Then we mounted the beautiful mirrror on top of the splash back. I think it turned out really well. The dresser has a serpentine front (which you can't see very well in the picture. My DH cut out portions of the first and second row of drawers to accommodate the plumbing. Then I refinished the whole thing. The lights have beaded wine covers over the globes, which you can't see very well. To take this pic, guess where I'm sitting? You guessed it, on the toilet. ha. See the wall reflected in the mirror? I'm thinking of having a transfer made with a favorite verse on it, only backwards, so that when you turn to look in the mirror, you see the words, clearly. Does this sound corney? Of course, I have a verse in mind, but my Missy K suggested "The Lord is with you wherever you go." Wouldn't that be funny? Still thinking this over. I have a lot of collected and repainted scripture plagues on the side wall, so this is my scripture bathroom.

Hard to tell, but the walls, were painted a base of light gold tone and sponged over with areas of greens, browns, and corals. It turned out pretty well, but is not showing too good in this picture. The little lamp is a garage sale find. I finally found the perfect shade for it at Goodwill. Then I placed it on a flow blue plate on top of a candle bowl. I thought it looked really pretty.
Wild Black-eyed Susan from the flower bed in a thrifted amber glass.


One of my favorites. Can you guess why?








Hope you all have a great Sunday. It is supposed to cool off here for tomorrow. We have been roasting all this week!! Makes me want to stay in the house!!

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the idea of the words being backwards on the wall. :)
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the antique, rich elegant Feeling of your Bathroom,and love your scripture plagues. Thank you for your visits with me, your comments and for sharing.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just had to chuckle, 'cause I did a post on my guest bath too, and saying I want to replace the vanity with an old dresser! Your bath looks fabulous!!
    Blessings!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found my way to your blog through Dawn {at The Feathered Nest}. I adore the type of mirror you used in your bath make-over. Very creative! It, in combination with the repurposed vanity make a charming statement. The green bean recipe in your earlier post is a keeper as well. In fact, I saw lots of fun stuff in your blog! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! This was my first visit, and I had such a pleasant time looking around your blog. I, too, came after checking Dawn's blog. By the way, I also enjoyed your playlist.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blog world ... it will be great fun visiting with you. Your decor is fan-tab-u-lous!!! Pop over & chat with me. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    I have chosen your blog to pass the Kreative Blogger Award to. Here is the link http://ladypamelascottage.blogspot.com/2009/07/thank-you-andrea.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also found your blog through Dawn. She is the Mother of Blogland! Welcome to this creative process of making strangers into friends. I will add you to my blog roll but I warn you this can be addictive...blessings to you (Oh, yes I too love your new bath)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous room!!

    I just came from Dawn's at the feathered nest, and saw the wonderful gifts you made her.

    Did you make the nest too?
    I make my own nests, and have never seen what you have used on yours. I was just curious about it.
    You did a wonderful job on it all.
    Beautiful treasures.

    blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda,
    Thanks for the little "how to" on your swet nest.
    So generous of you.
    I need just a special nest for a little something and I think this would be perfect!
    When I get it done I'll post it. =0)

    blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete