Sunday, February 8, 2009

Is it Spring yet?



I am so ready for Spring! Am I the only one? I so doubt it! We've really had some cold weather this winter, though not as much snow as usual. And so far not a lot of ice, but that could still happen I suppose. I made this wreath for a doorprize for our women's retreat at church next month and really like how it turned out. It has purple blue hydrangeas ( I love hydrangeas!) , yellow tulips, white lilacs, yellow berries, ivy and a little lavender stem, I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Then I filled in with some chartreuse stems. I hadn't done any florals since before Christmas and it felt good, I really need to clean up my floral room. It's in the basement and we are in the beginning stages of finishing off a portion of it. Can't wait to see all the sheetrock dust all over my flowers! ha. I will have to figure out a way to cover everything with plastic or something.


I have been very busy working on my art studio. I repainted the walls to a cheerier shade of green and have been painting all the furniture white. ( my husband said it was okay as most of it was not the good stuff. I am really excited about how it is turning out. Rearranging the furniture has made a big difference, and I've been going through my magazines and tearing out things I wanted to file in notebooks. It takes up a lot less room that way. I have trouble getting rid of my magazines, does anyone else have that problem? I have found that I go back and read them and get just as much as the first time. I always see something new! But, alas I can't keep everything I guess. All the magazines going out of business makes my so sad. Our world is changing and sometimes I don't like it at all. I have noticed though that so many of the magazine have much less content and more ads, which is so frustrating when you want to spend a leisurely afternoon pouring over favorite magazine and it takes 5 minutes to read it. One magazine, I had to let go after subscribing for over 20 years. It was so sad.

Back to my studio, I will post pictures hopefully soon when I get it all back together. Our granddaughters will be staying with us a few days and they want to scrapbook while they're here.



I put this arrangement together for an order I received. The container is a semi-circular sewing machine drawer. It was really a neat looking drawer and I am pleased with how it worked up. It was to represent the state. Can you guess which state? It is made to be displayed on a table and also can be hung on the wall as I attached saw-tooth hangers on the back. It has sunflowers, green hydrangeas, and viburnum stems along with various grasses and twig-looking stems. Then some cornflower stems. I really like the way it turned out.

So keep the faith, girls, Spring is coming eventually!

Be Blessed, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment