Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Tour

Hi Friends, Today I'm joining in the Tour of Homes with the Nester!! I'm showing the remaining Christmas decorated rooms in my home. To see all the homes of the tour, click HERE!! It's so much fun to see how each one interprets CHRISTMAS in their homes using the talents and creative gifts given to us all.


I have always loved Christmas for the reason that it focuses our attention on the great gift the Heavenly Father sent us on that dark night in a little stable, so ordinary and yet so extraordinary in the way he chose to bring Jesus and the salvation he brought to a world without hope. Today he comes and takes up residence INSIDE each of us who invite him in. There is always room, because without HIM there is a "space" that only He can fill.

The world needs Him more now than ever before, and yet He waits patiently and quietly for the doors to be opened. Praying that the Lord will speak to your heart in a still and quiet voice to tell you that He loves you more than you could ever imagine.


And now, on with the tour!!

This picture is in the guest bath. It is actually a "framed" gift bag. I loved the Santa and also the monkey, so I thought why could I not frame it? You see, I have this little affection for monkeys....... I know, I know, it's weird, I've just always like them.



This is the window in the entry. It is clear, not a mirror. Rather than a solid wall, we had an old window frame built in to let in light and add character. I have vintage Shiny Brites hung on the garland. The iron piece hangs on the other side.








An old wash bowl filled with old looking ornaments in silver, gold and white on the diningroom table.



I keep thinking I want to work in some red into this room also, so I put a few balls on the sideboard. What do you think?? It might look more country French with the 3 primary colors. I don't know. I like just the golds, whites, silvers, and blue too!!

Does anyone else every wish you have several houses to play in? Sounds silly I know!! These days, I can barely get the one house in shape!!


This is the little fake dormer over the diningroom. I have lace curtains to eventually hang on the window, just haven't yet asked DH if he would go up the ladder and do that for me yet.
For Christmas I have a lighted tree on the table, the rest of the year, a lamp.

My fontanini nativity set. I think the pieces and the colors are so beautiful!! A dear friend gave me some of her pieces when she had to downsize recently, so now I will treasure them in my home for years to come and they are a precious reminder of her.



These are my "star" trees. I really enjoy them and the way they sparkle and shimmer in the lights!!. I think next year, I want to hang some stars from the light fixture also.


The master bedroom, sorry I forgot to pick up the camera cap!! Just have a few extra touches of Christmas in this room. The biggest piece is my "angel tree". I have collected angels for so many years. Colors are mostly pinks and creams. It's so beautiful to lie in bed and enjoy the lights and the glow.










This tree is in my art studio and holds special momentos from the past. Old pieces of lace and crocheted work, dolls, and things from my childhood. See the baby shoe? It was mine.



The little green tatted basket was a sweet gift from my Aunt Jo. She does such beautiful work!!
I love the porcelain dollhead with the real fur hat and the angel that is very old.


The blue beads were the only gift I ever received from my paternal grandmother. The rhinestone bracelet I received from my parents for 8th grade graduation. The baby hairbrush was mine.


Pieces of jewelry and other special things I have received thru the years, another tatted piece from Aunt Jo. Sorry about the glare on the mirror ornament!

Well, hope you enjoyed seeing the rest of the house. I look forward to seeing all the other great homes on the tour!!! Many thanks to the Nester for hosting this fun blog party!! She is a daily read for sure!!


Warm Christmas Blessings, Linda

36 comments:

  1. Love your decorations, they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is just beautiful. May many wonderful Christmas memories be made within its walls.

    Our home is having an old fashioned handmade Christmas this year. I hope you will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the garland around your window and the use of jewelry for tree ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a BEAUTIFUL home! I love the color of the dining room with the blue accents. Thanks for sharing!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous home and I really enjoyed all your beautiful Christmas decorations.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You worked very hard on everything! I love the blues and the alcove for the china cabinet. The star trees and the garland around the window are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your house! It looks very beautiful all decorated. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Pretty! Thanks for sharing your home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the garland with all the beautiful glass ornaments. So pretty!

    Thanks for showing us around.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what amazing trees - your house is so lovely! Merry Christmas to you and thank you for the tour of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the momento tree. I am a one tree kind of girl but I may have to make my husband and I one of those. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a lot of symmetrical twosomes in your decorating. Love that, it add so much calm and order. Your home looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it....ALL!!!! With each picture I say, Oh this is my fave. No, wait.... this one! No... this one.... So, I love it all!!!
    Stopping by from the home tour party!


    Christmas Goodies Recipe Exchange

    ReplyDelete
  15. Breathtaking. Just beautiful. I love the garland with the vintage ornaments! Simply amazing. Thanks for sharing and so happy to have found a new blog. I'll be back, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, your house is so beautiful! I love everything you've done! So warm and cozy and elegant!
    Thanks for the tour.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the vintage Santa picture, I love everything, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the 2 trees in the dining room! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful things!! It is all gorgeous!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh where to begin? Your decorations are so feminine and I love your symmetrical twin trees. Merry Christmas toy ou and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is all gorgeous! Everything is dripping with ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful decorations. Thanks for letting us take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the double trees in the dining room, how elegant. Your home is lovely. GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely breathtaking! I like the symmetrical trees in your dining room.
    I am totally going to use your idea to frame a Christmas bag. =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so cool! i love the trees in the dining room and I love that the trees are on tables. Never thought about that. Less tree to decorate, but still the same height! I am stopping in from Nester's Place. To see my tour click on the 'Christmas 2009' Tag on in the left sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is all so pretty. I especially like the star tree.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's all so Wonderful. It all just takes your breathe away. The angel tree is just Gorgeous, and filled with so many precious memories. Thnaks for sharing and have a Happy Holiday and a Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gosh! I love that you use some of your very special gifts on the tree itself. That's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm really enjoying the 2009 Christmas Home Tour. Many of you are so talented and creative.
    Your decorations are so beautiful!
    Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It warms my heart to see such love and attention put into every part of your home... it is so warm and beautiful, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your beautiful pictures have given me many ideas for decorating next year. Thanks! and Christmas blessings. Karen T.

    ReplyDelete