Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Home for the Holidays


Hi Girls!! Today I am joining in the fun with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality blog.com to share my Home for the Holidays photos of my home wearing it's Christmas attire. I will show you pictures of my kitchen and family room today. Please click HERE to see all the other great decorating ideas to gain inspiration from!

Also, I am linking to Julia's Hooked on Holiday houses tour. Go and check out all the other holiday homes HERE!!


This is my kitchen. I have the stove mantel decorated with apothacary jars and Christmas trees. The jars are filled with my collection of vintage "Shiny Brites". I love them and pick them up whenever I can get them for a good price.There is a little glare in this photo. We had 6 inches of snow on the ground this morning and it was really bright when I took this picture!!


Again, this was taken in the early morning and it creates a lot of shadows that I don't particularly like but it is what it is. My little "feather looking tree" is filled with vintage ornaments. It is acutally a fibre optic tree with a wheel so it changes colors also. I have a string of little lights on it as well. To get the layered effect, I simply cut out the branches I did not want with wire cutters.

Oops, I forgot to turn it on for the picture. Obviously I took this photo before the snow came!!



I have quite a Santa collection and choose to display all my small to medium sized ones in this little cupboard. I have kind of a fruit theme in my kitchen so the garland has beaded fruit in it.




This is on the coffee table in the family room. I just put a wreath on the table and arranged unbreakable ornaments in it. The little batting Santa sits in a hurricane vase.


The first Santa I ever made.


Over the piano, I made the wreath to coordinate with the garland on the fireplace mantel. See the cute monkeys? They like to sing Christmas carols around the piano!



This photo has some glare too, sorry it just didn't take very well.



The tree, I love how it turned out. Takes a while to get all the ornaments on it but it is worth it. Not too impressed with the prelit part. We've already had to cut out several strings that burned out. So, I'm back to stringing lights and I don't believe you can have too many lights on a tree. The more the better is my motto!!



The other side of the room. I recently moved this curio secretary in here because it had been in the hall niche where we just added to bookcases. I think it works okay here.


Hope you enjoyed these two rooms. I will be sharing more next week. I'm anxious to see everything the other bloggers have to share. Have a great and wonderful day!!

Blessings,




Linda


17 comments:

  1. Oh' my your fam. or living room w/ the tree and beautiful fire place, love it. I also love your piano with the wreath above it, and my goodness your kitchen is a dream, love the hood/shelf you have above the stove. I would always have the decked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! This is the first time for me to discover your blog! I found you on Rhoda's Home for the Holidays Tour! Oh, your home is so beautiful and your decorations are so lovely. I've signed up to to follow your blog. I do hope you'll come to see me and I will definitely come back.
    Be a sweetie and Merry Christmas,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely home. You have so many great spaces to decorate. I love that hearth above the stove. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is absolutely beautiful and the tree is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty home you have and you have done a great job of decorating it. I have the same blue S&P shakers and leave them on my stove also. :)
    This may be a dup. comment - not sure the other went thru.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda your Christmas decor is so rich and warm! I LOVE the wreath with the poinsettias and white hydrangeas! Thank you so much for coming over and leaving such a sweet comment. Have a terrific week and Merry Christmas!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your decorations. The tree is especially beautiful. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your pictures are great as is! I love your tree and all your decor. I don't do lights, I leave that to my sweet husband who goes insane every year LOL

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is lovely! The Christmas decor is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful home! I love your kitchen. And your tree is wonderful!

    Hope to see you next week for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have a beautiful home. . . beautifully decorated for Christmas. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog and look forward to visiting again.

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tree and your collection of Santas! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pk @ Room Remix
    Love your Christmas trees, both large and small. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. agree that Christmas is the one time we can go crazy...however, your decor is not the least bit "crazy," but beautifully done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Linda! I'm totally in love with your kitchen. It's beautiful! Thanks for joining my party today and giving us the tour. I really enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soooo jealous.........

    ReplyDelete
  17. By the way, Froggy is Mrs Fezziwig...

    ReplyDelete