Friday, December 4, 2009

A few of my Favorite Things

Hi Friends!! I thought I would do a little Show and Tell today of a few of my favorite Christmas decorations and ornaments. I am linking to Cindy at My romantic home for her Show and Tell Friday. Be sure and check out all the other enteries too!
Above is the first Santa I made many years ago. I took a class at a local quilt shop from a doll artist and learned to sculpt and make the armature for the Santa. He is made from Super Sculpey, painted and dressed in antique fabrics and furs. I feel my skills have really improved since this one, but he will always be very special to me.
I also put together a sleigh full of toys, some of which I made and others were repainted.


One of my favorite ornaments. I see it needs a touch-up of paint.

I have collected angels for many years, and this one will always be a favorite as it came from my good friend Gail who passed away from cancer about 3 years ago. She gave me this beautiful angel for my tree right after she was diagnosed. I miss her very much.

The little "wax" angel in the background is one of my favs. I picked it up many years ago at a sale or something. I have never seen one like it, obviously handmade I think, with mohair wig and pearl strand for her halo. She is so delicately painted. The angel in front is made from a purchased angel head and shoulder and a long tassel for her skirt. The bodice is made from wired ribbon.

And this is "Willie" our yellow and white cat of some 15 years. He loves it under the Christmas tree with all the twinkly lights. We always think he is ready for Christmas when it arrives. ha.
Well, that's just a few things to show you. I will be joining some of the Christmas tours in the next few weeks to show you more. I'm almost done!!
I am soooooo excited! I have just passed my medical transcription finals and will now be moving into an internship position. There is still much to learn, but I really do enjoy it and find it interesting and best of all I can work from home. There is no where I would rather be.
Hope you all have a good Friday and a wonderful weekend.
Blessing, Linda







4 comments:

  1. You made that Santa ?!?!? I am impressed - You are very talented. Your angels are very pretty. Love the sweet live package under the tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very original! The mother and child is my favorite and that little kitty underneath the tree, is she waiting for her presents.

    http://burntricerepublic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so impressed you made the Santa! Very pretty ornaments.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the cinnamon tutorial! :) Yeast is kinda scary to me , so wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete